Solana NFTs: Meerkat Millionaires Country Club (Community-made article)

atom
4 min readSep 10, 2021

--

Introduction

In this article, I will be discussing a Solana NFT collection which is launching in less than two weeks and why it is so amazing and unique.

No, it’s not just another run-of-the-mill cash-grab collection- this is… different.

This article is written expecting you to have a basic knowledge of NFTs and the current cryptocurrency news.

Why Solana NFTs?

You might be asking why this project is on Solana and why anybody is buying NFTs on Solana. To put it simply, Solana is the hip new tech and it keeps transaction fees low. You will pay under $0.10 on Solana to perform a transaction whereas on Ethereum you’re looking at $5+ and that ranges to thousands of dollars when it comes to minting sought after NFT collections.

For this reason, people have flocked to Solana in recent weeks and the price has just kept climbing with many being confident that over the next year it will become a competitor to Ethereum.

If you’d like to learn more about Solana and why I think it’ll be the future, check out my other article on Solana and why people are lovin’ it.

What is Meerkat Millionaires Country Club?

MMCC (Meerkat Millionaires Country Club) is a unique upcoming collection on the Solana blockchain.

The basic information is:

  • 9,999 total supply — 4,444 for presale+5,555 main-sale
  • images are all unique and generative hand-drawn meerkats
  • mint price is 1 SOL (0.75 SOL in presale)
  • 100% of royalties go to holders/minters

You’re probably confused by that last one- right? Don’t be; you read it right! 100% of all royalty proceeds go to the minters and holders of the project.

There is a 15% royalty on all secondary market sales of the project. We know that seems high, but not when you consider that it’s all distributed back to the supporters of the project (holders/minters).

To get specific, 15% of all royalty proceeds are given to the minters and the remaining 85% of royalty proceeds goes to the holders meaning, in total, 100% of proceeds are distributed to holders/minters. Now that’s passive income!

The project is expected to launch their presale September 21st.

Here are some examples that the team have shown the community so far:

Boy do I love that last one! 😂

MMCC’s Roadmap

This roadmap is created by the MMCC team (VenusLabs) and it gives some background on how the project expects to go in the coming months.

This roadmap shows that MMCC will have a lot of cool things happening after the drop- I for one am excited about the possibility of an advanced royalty view and I can’t wait to hear more about their ecosystem.

Official roadmap by VenusLabs for MMCC

So in conclusion…

MMCC offers passive income and an NFT on a new booming blockchain with awesome, quality, hand-drawn art. Not only do I expect the NFT’s value to increase as Solana and this project gets more well-known, I also expect the USD value of Solana to increase over the next year to a level which competes with Ethereum. Following this logic, I am confident that MMCC could be the Solana-BAYC. It embraces its community by paying them, it embraces new tech with Solana and it embraces amazing art with amazing art. 😅

Thanks for reading and I hope you decide to check out this amazing and thriving community.

Check them out on twitter @mmccsolana and join their Discord @ https://discord.gg/s645jYPDQN.

For additional information about MMCC, view there website @ https://meerkatmillionaires.club/

Donations much appreciated 😁

Ethereum: 0x7428e44758BaA002297002004816d2EF70DF0BE5

⭐️ Solana: 95fQjFr4kEDvTEfVW3fSHH3hkompNoJgkYNY2D8zFA2J

--

--